Monday 4 October 2010

solo kill best kill!

Well after 2 years playing eve I finally got a solo kill :) 

I logged on an hour or so after downtime.  I was just logging on to see if anything was going down but nothing was happening that interested me all that much, a few guys camping  daisho syndicate space but they were mostly afk cloaking. 

If you didn't know dai are one of the alliance's given space in providence after the removal of CVA by AAA U'k and allies and until recently were a part of the nip(non invasion packed ) fightclub In provi, but due to reasons, some I agree with some I don't, we are now at war along with sodalitas xx and dara cothrom also ex nip alliance's between them.  They are a formidable force, one we may not be able to beat. Camping their bearing grounds is not my idea of fun but it does serve a purpose.

So sitting in esescama spinning ships with a quick look at dotlan amamake is only 4 jumps away, so off I go not too fussed about getting blown up.  I love rifters and t1 frigs in general, I just feel so care free in one.  As I jump into the target system  40+ pl in local who had a camp on the osoggur gate mainly  bc hacs and logis.   I had to be on my toes so off to a safe spot I have close to belt 3-1,  there I sat directional up scanning every 30secs or so, in the direction of the belt I see a cane pop on scan. He hangs around for a few minutes then leaves.  10 min passes and I've had a few near misses with a stabber and a taranis but as I land in the belt he's warping out so back to the ss and start scanning again.  A few moments later I get the taranis on scan so I align.  Whilst I think about whether it is wise I try and take on what's considered the best inty in the game.  Screw it,  why not I think, off we go in warp, he's still on scan.  I land about 40km of him, hit approach afterburner on, it was all down to him if he wanted a fight or not as he can easily out run me but thankfully he heads my way.  He yellow boxes and I return the favour  as he gets into range i scram and web  { do you want to proceed with this dangerous act }, ahh fuck off I'm trying to kill this guy ( yes I forget I'm in low sec doh).  As I settle into orbit my shields have disappeared and he's at 20%.  As I start to think about how to get my pod out my damage jumps and he's at half armour, we're now level so I sit there fingers crossed, hoping and praying we both enter structure and I start to see I may have the upper hand as my rep cycles giving me a small amount of armour.  The taranis pops, I've done it, my first solo kill and god does it feel good. 

I set course for his wreck to see what goodies he's left me then I realise the 10% of structure I had left was now full.  I was in my pod, damn those pesky ninja rats.  Oh well let's get another ship and see what else I might be able to pop.  I set destination to Rens and just as I land on the out gate (yes you guessed it osoggur gate oops)  I'm in station in a new clone, damn those smartbombing pl guys, uugh still i won't let that stop me ,14 jumps to Rens all high sec. The auto pilot went on and I had some food :)

As soon as I had finished eating and re-shipped with rigs this time (as I forgot to fit them on my last ship) off I go back to amamake avoiding the osoggur gate for obvious reasons.  I jumped in and head straight to my ss near belt 3-1 and start scanning again for MORE pray and guess who's back in a new taranis.  Feeling confident in my new rifter with damage rigs this time I warp down, just as i land he warps off, for the next few minutes we both keep warping back and forth neither of us wanting to be the one that lands in the belt first.  The pesky rats are on to us now.    Finally I land and get tackle and the fight starts again, this time he remembers to deploy his drones but my damage  is hitting a lot harder than the previous engagement and even with his drones on me he goes down  just as I'm entering structure ,i quickly loot and off to my safe I go.  2 solo kills now to my name.  I start scanning the belt desperate for more kills, a raptor appears, off I go with no fear.  He warps just as I land, I go back to scanning, a stabber appears then the raptor again (alarm bells should have started to ring but I had the taste of blood, screw it lets do it).  I warp down and see the stabber raptor must have left, I hit the AB as he redboxes me. Ouch,  it's not a good idea flying straight into AC's.  xistent.  I get him to  about 10% shields, I'm going to win this I start to think just as the raptor lands, locks me up, and starts eating me, and I go down .  I get my pod out a little bit unhappy but that's eve, one minute your up, the next down, that's why I love this game so much.  

On a side note I do get on the stabbers KM after he tries to leave amamake via the PL gate camp, doh :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first solo kill! I saw your convo in the bloggers channel m8, if you're looking for a banner I can help. Take a look at this link: http://eveoganda.blogspot.com/p/art-commissions.html

    And my portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12832008@N04/sets/72157621874683860/show/

    If you're interested send me an email at rixxjavix@gmail.com

    Fly safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bud i decided to have a go at one myself. I have very limited photoshop skills but i was trying tho think how i was going to let you know what i wanted, and it was just easyer to do it my self if i need anything the future i will drop you a line for sure :)

    ReplyDelete